What type of skin benefits most from glycolic acid in EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator?
The 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal Exfoliator has been scientifically designed for excellent results in a wide range of skin types from dry to normal to oily and also sensitive or acne prone. Glycolic acid comes in several strengths or percentages of dilution. Considered a superficial peel (and therefore acceptable for at-home-use/DYI), 40% Glycolic peels treat the outer layers of skin, and the results (after the initial treatment periods) can last for up to one month, notes the Mayo Clinic in several publications.
Strong and Highly Effective
Professional Strength EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid is one of the strongest acid peels on the market. Glycolic acid is perfect for stepping up the skin’s natural collagen production thereby making it an excellent anti-aging stimulator. 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal Exfoliator smooths out uneven skin texture and tone through deep exfoliation, and thereby helps minimize the appearance of your skin’s ‘flaws’. Of particular note: Professional strength 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal Exfoliator (when used as directed) reduces the appearance of fine lines, melts the sebum in large pores, and severely reduces the ‘black’ pigmentation that causes blackheads, and, most important, combats signs of ageing.
- Loosens ‘Cellular Glue’ that binds surface skin cells together
- Maintains deep exfoliation if used regularly
- Diminishes appearance of fine lines
- Reduces appearance of age spots
- Smooths-out blemished skin
- Preps the skin for super-hydrating
- Leaves skin feeling supple
- Promotes collagen production
Why choose EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator?
Most formulations on the market fall into four undesirable categories:
1. Cost too much but work effectively, but because of cost, client cannot continue treatments on an ongoing (and vital) basis.
2. Low percentage of AHA concentration – do not sufficiently loosen the glue-like substance between the cells – rendering their highly touted rapid exfoliation effects negligible.
3. Too high a concentration of unbuffered AHA concentration which results in too much irritation of the skin. This leaves the skin looking red or ruddy, or gives the complexion uneven and/or parched appearance.
4. pH level is not correctly maintained (buffering) for product use resulting in an increase in skin irritation.
What exactly does Professional Strength Rapid Ellie 40% Glycolic Acid Exfoliator do that my other exfoliating products just can’t do?
- Removes up to several layers of skin rapidly without manually scrubbing or buffing – within 2-3 minutes. With 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator, estheticians typically recommend six to eight applications at one- to two-week intervals to start deep exfoliation; and then bi-monthly visits forever onwards for optimum results.
- These peels typically will cost you from $95.00 – $500.00 PER PEEL at your Dermatologist’s, skin care professional’s office or your local high-end spa. But with the EllieGlow 40% Rapid Exfoliator System, you can do these peels at home safely and with fantastic results.
SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!
You’ll actually have at least a year’s supply at your fingertips to do your exfoliating at home. You’ll have enough for at least a 6 month’s supply in our 4 oz./120ml bottle. Each bottle of our 40% Glycolic Acid Peel will yield approximately 12 – 16 facial peels done at 2 week intervals, a potential savings of $1,140.00-$8,000.00!
Immediately after peeling skin will be feel softer, look smoother, with improved texture and tone and reduced signs of sun damage – just like it had beendone professionally.
Simply put, rapidly exfoliating skin helps ‘plump up’ the skin from beneath, smoothing out fine surface wrinkles, reducing superficial scars by exfoliating them and promoting new skin growth, and generally promoting new skin cell growth making skin ‘glow’. Put together, this makes skin appear healthier and youthful.
Is the EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator Bundle difficult to use?
No! It’s the best kept, easiest, money-making secret for spas and doctor’s offices. Estheticians doing facials actually get a ten- or twelve-minute break when they apply our Rapid Exfoliator!
Is there any downtime?
No! Because it’s often referred to as the ‘Lunchtime Peel’, you can do it, and get right back to work or get out and about without people knowing that you just had a cosmetic peel. It’s also been called the ‘mini facelift peel’ because it makes the skin appear fresher, healthier, and more youthful. Glycolic acid, at this 40% strength, has been used elite full-service health clubs and in the most exclusive spas by doctors’ and skin care professionals
Where does 40% Glycolic Acid come from?
Glycolic acid is a naturally occurring chemical belonging to the Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) family. Derived from sugar cane, this important AHA is the smallest of the fruit acids and is able to penetrate the skin, allowing it to effectively dissolve the ‘glue’ that holds dead cells on the surface of the skin. The dead skin cells are what cause a dull, uneven skin tone, and the blocking of pores leading to blackheads and acne. Professional Strength Rapid Ellie 40% Glycolic Acid’s ‘cellular glue’ dissolving action enables the skin’s surface dead cells to slough off, leaving behind a smoother complexion with much clearer pores. Sloughing action and melting the ‘cellular glue’ helps stimulate collagen formation under the skin’s surface. This is a fundamental process for healthy skin and to combat the effects of aging.
NOTE: If this sebum is trapped because it becomes blocked, several things may occur:
- A whitehead may form (lightly pigmented skin cells and/or sebum cover the clogged opening).
- A blackhead may form (pigmented skin cells and sebum plug the opening).
- A whitehead or blackhead form and the new sebum backs-up into the pore, building pressure and swelling.
- The swollen pore becomes infected.
- The pore filled with bacteria because the skin’s pore cannot naturally cleanse itself (release of fluids and sebum.) NOTE: This is often the root cause of acne-prone skin.
- The swollen, infected pore ruptures beneath the skin’s surface causing the infection to spread and the skin becomes unsightly. Pock marks and scarring may occur in severe or even in mind cases.
Who can use a 40% Glycolic peel safely?
EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Peel is a mild yet highly effective glycolic acid peel which is suitable for all skin types and both beginning and experienced peelers. The EllieGlow Rapid Exfoliator has been scientifically designed for excellent results in a wide range of skin types from dry to normal to oily and also sensitive or acne-prone.
- Low cost – compare EllieGlow Rapid Exfoliator’s cost to our competitors’ extremely high prices and need we mention, their very tiny bottles!
- Highest quality – Buffered full 40% solution of pharmaceutical grade glycolic acid for optimum results.
- pH balanced formulation that minimizes irritation and maximizes depth.
Several layers of skin will be exfoliated. Compare how smooth and soft your exfoliated skin is compared to skin that has not been exfoliated. The difference is amazing!
Another result that many people have experienced through the regular use of the Rapid Exfoliator is that age spots and discoloration of the skin’s surface is much less noticeable. In the long term, regular use (weekly for several weeks and then at least twice a month thereafter) can help skin discoloration issues such as melasma, age or liver spots, as well as discoloration caused by chronic acne. An improvement of the skin’s natural coloration is often seen. Pigmentation marks will have a less dark appearance as the top layers of skin are exfoliated.
How to Use/Application Instructions
Cleanse with EllieGlow Cleanser pH Balance and remove any residue with EllieGlow AHA Prepping Toner. Apply Rapid Exfoliator with clean hands or fan brush. Use on face, neck, and hands. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm soapy water after 2 minutes. Moisturize immediately afterwards with Exotic Hydrating Cream. Do not use more than once per week.
Warning: Do not leave on skin for more than 2 minutes. A mild stinging sensation may occur during Deep Renewal Rapid Exfoliation. If you experience strong stinging, simply add a dab of soap to the affected area to neutralize the Rapid Exfoliator. If severe skin irritation occurs, remove the product with cool soapy water immediately and consult a medical professional. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes. Do not apply to irritated or sensitive skin, or to skin with open wounds. Keep out of reach of children.
Detailed Directions for Use – 40% Rapid Exfoliator
If this is your first time using this product, as with all products, a patch test is recommended to see how your skin reacts to this strength of glycolic acid. Wait at least 24 hours before your first full application.
EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal Rapid Exfoliator Bundle (saves money purchasing in a bundle and provides everything you need!) includes 4 products we recommend for application:
- EllieGlow Charcoal Cleanser or EllieGlow Charcoal Cleanser (your choice)
- EllieGlow AHA Prepping Toner (pH Balancing)
- EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator
- EllieGlow Exotic Hydrating Day Cream
Step 1: Cleanse the skin thoroughly with EllieGlow Charcoal Cleanser. Best areas to exfoliate are the face and neck, but we recommend your hands if you want them looking youthful too!
Step 2: Getting the skin’s surface prepped is critical! Lower the pH level and also make sure any oils/sebum are wiped from the skin’s surface. Apply EllieGlow AHA Prepping Toner liberally with cotton pad. Make sure the area is completely dry before proceeding. Do not apply to any area with broken or damaged skin cells. If irritation occurs, rinse off with soapy water thoroughly and seek medical advice/attention immediately. Do not ingest. Do not use on sensitive skin or use in any manner not fitting of this product.
Step 3: Apply the EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator liberally with your hands or a fan brush. Avoid delicate eye area and it is recommended to avoid dermabrasions (small cuts), and/or open wounds.
Step 4: Leave on for two to three minutes. If you desire a deeper action on later applications, test your skin’s tolerance by leaving the 40% solution on for an additional minute. Please note that 10 minutes is the maximum that doctors typically recommend with the caveat that the person has built up their skin’s tolerance over many applications.
Step 5: Remove by lathering the entire area where you have applied the Rapid Exfoliator with a liberal amount of the Charcoal Cleanser. Massage and make sure all traces of the Rapid Exfoliator have been addressed thoroughly. Rinsing thoroughly with cool water to neutralize for at least 30 seconds. Ideally rinse off in the shower or in running water. To provide additional neutralizing you can rinse with slightly soapy water or baking soda if desired. Rinse application area with cool fresh water. Repeat soap application again. Rinse again. Continue rinsing until all traces of the Rapid Exfoliator are removed. If you use mild soapy water, it is an alkaline and will therefore neutralize the 40% Glycolic Acid. There is really no need to purchase an expensive neutralizer.
Step 6: Use the EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner to rebalance and close open pores. Make certain that you have rinsed thoroughly and that in this step you make certain to remove all traces of the 40% Glycolic Acid. Additionally, the skin cells that have been loosening by the process will ‘slough off’ when you wipe them away with your cotton pad saturated with EllieGlow AHA Prepping Toner. This final slight manual exfoliation after the 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal chemical exfoliation will leave your skin so soft and smooth!
Step 7: A protective barrier is necessary directly following a 40% Rapid Exfoliation application. Apply EllieGlow Exotic Daytime Moisturizing Cream to rehydrate and rebalance. This cream with its special blend of nutrients and oils, will provide the protect your skin’s surface requires.
- Never use a product containing ANY alpha hydroxy acid or other acid within 24 hours of using the Rapid Exfoliator. Do not wax your skin for at least 48 hours after application.
- Do not use a Rapid Exfoliation product within 7 days of application.
- Mild skin irritation or stinging sensation is to be expected during rapid exfoliation. You may experience a little redness, but this typically dissipates quickly. If severe skin irritation occurs, remove the product with cool soapy water immediately and consult a physician.
NOTE: Optimal results will occur after 8-10 weeks if you are applying 40% Glycolic Acid Deep Renewal Exfoliator weekly. As your skin sheds layers, collagen production will ramp up. This takes time and it is also vital to continue gentle daily exfoliation during this period. We highly recommend using the EllieGlow Total Skin Care System Program for optimum results.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Do not apply to irritated, sensitive skin or skin with open wounds. Never use on any sensitive areas of the body, including but not limited to area close to the eyes, underarms, and groin/genitals. Keep out of reach of small children.
- A couple of days after using the EllieGlow 40% Glycolic Acid Rapid Exfoliator, your skin may start to lightly flake and/or peel slightly, especially the first 2 or 3 applications. This might look like a slight sunburn. You should not have much if any peeling other than this. Most people do not see the actual peeling if they are using Ellie Skin Care Products daily. The goal is to hydrate and mask the appearance of any exfoliation. It isn’t particularly attractive to see skin cells sloughing off! The absolutely WORST THING you can do if this happens, is to pick at your skin. Let the process happen naturally, at the pace that your skin knows is healthy for itself. Sunscreen is highly recommended at all times, but when using a 40% Glycolic Acid, it is mandatory.
Warning and Tips
Do not leave on skin for more than 2 minutes. Mild stinging sensation may occur during Rapid Exfoliation. If you experience strong stinging, simply add a dab of soap to the affected area to neutralize the Rapid Exfoliator. If severe skin irritation occurs, remove the product with cool soapy water immediately and consult a medical professional. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes. Do not apply to irritated or sensitive skin or skin with open wounds. Keep out of reach of children.
Please note that in the majority of skin types, for the vast majority of people, the results are fabulous and there are absolutely no sensations or irritation. It is rare for this to occur. We do have to warn you regardless! Here’s what is truly important: When the Rapid Exfoliator is applied, the 40% concentration of glycolic acid quickly dissolves the cellular glue binding the skin cells to the surface of the skin, loosening your skin cells. These are then sloughed of immediately when you rinse your skin and then apply manual exfoliation with the toner after your Deep Exfoliation process. Please note that flaking rarely occurs afterwards.
Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate
Fragrance: Fragrance free