About EllieGlow’s AHA Prepping Toner with Pomegranate & Lemongrass
Soap is an alkali (the opposite of acid). When you wash with soaps, you upset the pH balance. This is bad because it creates an environment that is friendlier to bacteria, making the skin more inclined to breakouts. Most important, the skin’s acid blanket (mantle) is responsible for keeping in lipids (natural fats) and moisture while blocking germs, pollution, toxins, and bacteria from attacking its surface. When your skin’s pH level gets unbalanced your skin can become dry and sensitive; you may even get eczema. It can also go the other way, becoming far too oily – especially in your T-zone. Or you may suffer from several forms of inflammation, which inhibits the skin’s ability to ward off cellular damage which affects your ability to heal wound or repair tissue.
Even worse, when you upset the balance in your skin cells, you can amp up the nasty enzymes that destroy collagen and cause wrinkles and sagging. In 2010, the British Journal of Dermatology published a groundbreaking study proving that women with an unbalanced pH level in their skin developed abundantly more fine lines and crow’s feet, and more sun damage, and that the general look of their skin was more wrinkled than that of woman with acidic skin.
Important: Ellie Glow’s AHA Prepping Toner does not contain drying alcohol. alcohol dries out the surface of the skin by removing water and stripping ALL of the natural oils from the skin’s surface. More than 95% of all toners, astringents, etc. contain drying alcohol or witch hazel.
LemonGrass infused AHA Prepping Toner removes traces of oil, dirt and grime, tightens and unclogs pores, and stimulate skin cells. Gentle, soothing AHA Prepping Toner coats the skin with super-humectants and barrier protecting micro-agents. Papaya extract (Papain) exfoliates; and LemonGrass pH balancing nutrients prep the skin for day or nighttime moisturizer application.
This hydrating alcohol-free formula, made with AHAs, LemonGrass and Aloe Vera:
- Provides the ultimate cleansing and toning experience for all skin types. Papaya Extract (Papain) together with 6 exclusively curated Acid-based ingredients gently exfoliates and tones your skin.
- Preps the skin’s surface, getting it ready and prepped for serums, rapid exfoliation, and/or moisturizing.
- LemonGrass, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, and Lemon and Orange Peel Extracts rebalance skin’s pH level and provides natural astringent benefits.
- Will leave your skin revitalized even when you’re on the go!
- Can also be used to ‘quick wash’ your skin when it’s oily or dirty. Leaves skin feeling clean and clears pores free of oil.
- Helps remove oil buildup (blackheads and clogged pores), thereby preventing breakouts, skin eruptions, and acne. Leaves skin feeling clean and clears pore openings making them less inclined to create blackheads. Remove excess oil, dirt and impurities.
- Does not contain drying alcohol; which is critical in re-balancing skin. In fact, is Aloe Vera based; which is perfect for toning and hydrating simultaneously!
- Refine your skin’s mantle, dissolve and wipe away any excess cleanser, sunscreen, and/or exfoliator that may have remained on the skin.
- Leaves your skin lightly hydrated. Coats with super-humectants and barrier protecting micro-agents.
- Helps soothe and calm the skin
- Helps brighten, clarify and smooth the look of skin and thereby reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and uneven skin tone
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines & age spots. Evens out skin tone; leaving skin soft and glowing. Stimulates skin cells your face and neck.
- Promotes a finer textured appearance for the skin by removing all traces of makeup and excess oils.
- Promotes optimum daily exfoliation for any skin type without irritation to gently lift impurities and grim.
EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner will: Restore your skin’s pH balance: Skin is naturally acidic, typically with a pH balance of between 5.0 and 6.0 on a pH scale from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral. pH balance can get out of whack from active living, sun exposure, environmental factors, or the like. When this happens, skin needs to work overtime to return to its normal levels and that may result in oil secretion leading to larger pores, blackheads and pimples, and in extreme cases, acne. Using EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner can help restore this vital pH balance quickly.
Refresh and cleanse away surface skin cells: EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner can also be used when skin is oily or dirty. Spray liberally and wipe clean with a cotton pad. It will leave skin revitalized even when you’re on the go or too tired or rushed to complete your regular beauty routine.
Add a layer of protection: Daily use can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing and/or exfoliating. This is critical in reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin. Regular use can reduce pore size and lead to a firmer and younger looking complexion.
Act like a combination toner/moisturizer: EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner’s primary active ingredients are acid-based exfoliants and humectants, which help to bind moisture to fresh skin cells.
Prepares skin for hydration: pH balance is important for moisturizers and serums to work efficiently. Spritzing then immediately moisturizing accomplishes three things:
1. Use less product because the EllieGlow pH Balancing AHA Prepping Toner already ‘pre-moisturized’ and prepped your skin.
2. Day and Night creams, as well as serums and Self-Tanning products will glide on more smoothly and evenly, and all your skin care products will work more effectively at the correct pH levels
How to Use/Application Instructions
Soak a cotton pad and apply liberally. Wipe all traces of toner from the face and neck thoroughly. Avoid contact with eyes. Apply serums and/or moisturizers after application.
Tips: Use after cleansing before serums to supercharge your serum’s powerful results. Use to give your skin a quick refresher after workouts or on the go. Use before bed when you are just too tired for a full cleansing routine. Always use a soft cotton pad with AHA LemonGrass Toner and not cotton balls; cotton balls tend to be synthetic and may cause tiny dermabrasions because they are ‘scratchy’. Close your eyes to avoid contact with eyes and liberally apply to a cotton pad to wipe onto your face and neck. Gently wipe this over your face removing all traces of old skin cells, dirt, makeup to ‘freshen’ and tone the rest of your face.
Ingredients: Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, LemonGrass Oil, Organic Sugar Cane Extract, Organic Bilberry Fruit Extract, Organic Sugar Maple Extract, Organic Orange Peel Extract, Organic Lemon Peel Extract, Organic Cranberry Fruit Extract, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Organic White Willow Bark Extract, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Polysorbate 20, Organic Alcohol, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
Fragrance: Lemongrass & other Natural Essential Oils